Connect - Develop - Impact
CAITC Member Only
Lunch & Learn
Monthly CAITC Refresh
Not sure yet how the IT Council can bring value to your organization? When your organization becomes a member of our council ALL of our events become open to ALL of your employees! We invite you to experience each of our different events and encourage a one time visit, as our guest, to the member only peer groups.
Member only peer groups provide a collaborative professional development environment where popular topics are discussed and networking organically occurs. These groups are led by members for members and meet every other month.
Lunch & Learn/Tech Talks are open to members free of charge and non-members for a small fee. These larger community events range from subject matter expert speakers to panels and round tables. Past topics have included a series in cyber security and AI/machine learning. It’s not uncommon for these events to sell out so plan to register early!
Monthly, the CAITC hosts a Refresh event. This is a structured coffee networking event that has a consistent following of members and is open to non-members to attend for a small fee. Each month we highlight a member in our member spotlight and explore a tech topic. The group engages in our topic by answering a monthly topic question and results are shared at the meeting. This is a casual, come as you are opportunity to connect!
Of course non of this is possible without support from our IT community. If you are interested in supporting our event efforts and being recognized for doing so, please contact us to learn more about our sponsorship packages.
Member Only Peer Groups
Operations Peer Group
- This peer group is for those supervising, directing and working within the infrastructure and operations systems in their organization. The Operations peer group provides a forum for collaboration and professional development.
- Led by Catherine Villaire, AF Group
Help Desk Peer Group
- Content and topics focus on the efforts of those working directly in service and help desk environments and also for those providing desktop support. The Help Desk peer group helps members expand upon their professional knowledge base by providing an environment of collaboration.
- Led by Jeff Mills, GreenStone FCS
Women in Technology (WIT) Peer Group
- This peer group provides an environment of education and support for women working in all facets of technology throughout the Capital area. WIT offers a platform for collaboration and advocacy for inclusion and advancement of girls and women in STEAM careers.
- Led by Lorelee McCleary, AF Group and Sharla Piepkow, Jackson National Life
To view the members only forum please log in.